All purchases over £500 come with free UK mainland delivery. Any purchases under £500 will be charged at a standard rate of £40.
Fitting & Installations
We are able to offer a fitting service which is provided at an additional cost. For more information on prices and terms and conditions please contact our store on 01789 400555
Delivery Terms & Conditions
1. Definitions: “Seller” – Eldridges Furniture Limited T/A Eldridges Furniture Co, Company Number 11525266, registered in England, registered office Unit 4, Arden Buisness Centre, Arden Road, Alcester, Warwickshire, B49 6HW.”Buyer”- the person, firm or company who places the order with the seller. “Goods” – the Seller’s goods or any of them ordered. ”Ordered”- the Buyer’s instructions to supply the goods. ”Delivery Address”- the address identified on The order.
2. Agreed Terms - The Following terms And Conditions (Plus any special Conditions agreed in writing) Shall apply to and form the basis of all contracts for the sale of the goods to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions including Buyers’ terms and conditions of purchase. No variation shall be made of these Terms unless agreed in writing by the seller. The seller does not guarantee the supply of goods ordered by the buyer and reserves the right to alter product specifications, dimensions and /or availability without prior notice. All Dimensions are approximate and the buyer must satisfy themselves of the correct dimensions before purchase.
3. Price - All goods will be charged for at prices current at the time of order. All retail price list are inclusive of VAT.
4. Charges – The Seller reserves the right to make an extra charge for carriage and packing. Any additional costs incurred by the consignment of Goods, at the Buyer’s request, other than by the cheapest route, or to a different Delivery Address, shall be charged as an extra.
5. Payment of the balance due strictly on or before delivery with the exception of approved credit sales. Goods will not be delivered if the balance is not received. The Buyer shall not be entitled to make any deduction from the goods for any set off or counterclaim unless both the validity and the amount thereof have been admitted in writing by the Seller.
6. Delivery –
(a) Should the buyer refuse delivery or fail to make the payment of the balance due on delivery, the seller reserves the right to retain all or part of any deposit paid by the Buyer.
(b) Unless otherwise agreed, any delivery date or period specified by seller is an estimate only and time of delivery is not to be of the essence of the contract. Seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by Buyer as a result of any delay in Delivery.
(c) Buyer shall accept delivery whenever Seller proffers delivery. (d) Seller reserves the right to make delivery by instalments and these conditions shall apply with appropriate amendments to each instalments delivery. Seller is entitled to tender an invoice for each instalment, which shall be paid by buyer in accordance with condition 5.
(e) Delivery to a carrier or to any person, firm or company, on the buyer’s behalf shall constitute Delivery to the buyer. Signature of the delivery note by an agent employee or representative of the buyer shall be conclusive proof of the delivery and acceptance of the goods.
(f) Any Claims by Buyer in relation to goods damaged transit or in transit, shortage or non-delivery must be made in writing to seller and the carrier: in the case of damaged goods or shortage, the claim must be made within 3 days of delivery and in case of non-delivery must be made in writing to seller and the carrier: in the case of damaged goods or shortages, the claim must be made within 3 days of delivery and in case of non delivery of a whole consignment within 3 days of the delivery date specified by the seller or failing such date, the date of invoice.
(g) The goods in respect of which any claim of damage or shortfall is made be preserved intact (including Packaging) for a period of 14 days from seller’s receipt of notice of the claim within which time Seller and carrier shall have the right to attend at buyer’s premises to investigate the claim and inspect the goods.
(h) If no claims are made by the buyer within the time periods specified in condition 6(f) the buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the goods.
(i) If the Buyer’s property is damaged by the seller during delivery, the buyer shall notify the seller at delivery or at any time within 3 days of the delivery date. Such claims shall be submitted to the seller’s insurers for adjudication and shall be subject to the limitations set out in condition 10.
7. Title – The goods shall remain the property of the seller (and the buyer shall identify them as such) until the price together with any interest thereon and all other sums due from the buyer hereunder have been paid in full and the seller shall retain the right to repossess the Goods and to enter upon any premises for the purpose of such repossession.
8. Risk – The risk of loss and damage to the goods shall pass to the buyer on delivery and the buyer shall insure them to their full Replacement value.
9. Warranty –
(a) Seller Warrants that the goods shall be of satisfactory quality for a period of 12 months from delivery bearing in mind timber is a natural product and therefore not consistent (or any shorter period specified by the manufacturer) and for use in the United Kingdom. The seller cannot guarantee colour or finish Matching of the goods. If any goods do not conform to that warranty seller will at its option (i) replace or repair the goods found not to conform to the warranty or(ii) take back the goods found not to conform to the warranty and refund the appropriate part of the purchaser price PROVIDED THAT the liability of Seller shall in no event exceed the purchase price of the goods and performance of any one of the above options shall constitute an entire discharge of Seller’s liability under this warranty.
(b) The Foregoing warranty is conditional upon buyer (i) Complying with the guidance notes for the goods (ii) giving written notice to seller of the alleged defect within the 12 month warranty period, and (iii) affording seller, its agents, or insurer’s agents a reasonable opportunity to immediately inspect and /or repair the goods at the delivery address during a period of 14days following notification and, if so requested by seller, allow to collect and remove the allegedly defective goods to the seller’s works, for inspection or repair to take place there;
(c) Save as provided above, all conditions and warranties, express or implied as to the satisfactory quality, or durability are hereby expressly excluded to the extent permitted by law.
(d) All information as to the methods of storing, applying or using the goods, the purpose to which the goods may be applied or used in conjunction with any other materials are given by seller or its agent in good faith but it is for the buyer to satisfy itself of the suitability of the goods for any particular purpose.
(e) THE ABOVE TERMS SHALL NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER.
10. Liability –
(a) Save as described in condition 9, Seller shall not be liable in Contract or tort or otherwise for any loss or damage whether consequential or indirect loss or damage or otherwise (including economic loss and loss of profits) howsoever caused.
(b) In Any Event, Seller’s liability to buyer in respect of any breach or non-performance of Seller’s obligations howsoever caused by arising shall be limited to the price paid of the goods.
(c) Nothing herein shall affect the liability of the seller for death or personal injury caused by seller’s negligence.
11. Cancellation – No Order which has been accepted by seller may be cancelled by buyer except with the Agreement in writing of seller. 12. Termination –
(a) Seller shall be entitled by notice in writing to terminate any contract with buyer and that without and liability whatsoever if the buyer (or any parent subsidiary of the buyer) is in breach of any of its obligations under these conditions or under any other contract with the seller or if at any time the buyer’s finance condition does not in the seller’s absolute discretion justify continuance of supply by the seller to the buyer of goods, the seller may suspend deliveries or cancel any order or any outstanding part of such order for goods without prejudice to its rights to claim against the buyer for all loses, damages, costs, charges and expenses incurred by seller sustained by reason of such suspension or cancellation or to any other rights of the seller and without any liability whatsoever to the buyer.
(b) In the Event of the seller invoking the terms and condition 12(a) hereof buyer shall Become liable for immediate payment for all goods ordered by the buyer and / or delivered by Seller at the date of the seller invoking the terms of condition 12(a) and all goods available for delivery shall be collected by the buyer on such date providing the seller requests the buyer to do so in writing.
13. Law – The Construction, validity and performance of these conditions shall be governed by the law of England and buyer submits to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.